Post Inflammatory Hyper-pigmentation is the dark patch or the spots on the skin that develop due to various etiological factors. These dark patches develop on the exposed skin surface.
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is mostly seen as a dark patch. It can also be seen as spots on the skin or the aftermath spots due to allergic reactions.
It can be observed in any age group, not defined to any certain age group.
People who experience post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation may have mild to severe sign of hyper-pigmentation. Every individual experience different range of severity depending on the nature of allergic vector exposed.
There are several reasons that cause Post Inflammatory Hyper-pigmentation. The most commonly seen are as follows:
- Sun rays have beneficial results when exposed to them in the early morning just after the sunrise. This gives us calcium and vitamin D. Sunrays have harmful ultraviolet rays that damage the skin. These harmful rays may cause dark spots also referred to as hyperpigmentation. To protect the skin from these harmful rays sun protecting factor (SPF 30 to 50) should be used.
- Tattoos: skin piercing or puncturing causes hyperpigmentation on the skin. People who make tattoos on their skin experience this sort of pigmentation. After the painful erosions subside, these sort of dark spots develops on the skin. The fine needles used on the skin are more prone to give rise to pigmentation.
- For various treatment procedures like acupuncture. In this type of treatment, needles are used to puncture the skin for the sake of treatment. This punctured skin develops hyper-pigmentation.
- The populations of people with darker skin tone are more vulnerable to post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. After the acne, lichens, pimples, etc shrinks, they fade off leaving dark spots to post inflammation.
- Post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation can also cause adverse reactions produced by various drugs. Drugs like lithium, anti-psychotics, etc are more prone to develop hyperpigmentation.
To avoid the hyper-pigmentation, use sunscreens that offer sun protecting factor above 30 SPF. In the Indian population, SPF 30 to 50 is more useful and shows beneficial effects when applied on a regular basis.
Never be harsh on your skin. Making tattoos can be painful as well as a reason to develop post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
Vedas Cure offers natural and herbal treatment methods to cure post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.